NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Filter reflections or something else, advice please

Ewan

Hi, been a long long time since I have posted here, been into Solar imaging but now looking at getting back into the night life again ;-)

I wanted to ask if the very bright blueish 'circles' in my image are from reflections caused by my filters or something else in the imaging train ?

I took this image using my AA 80mm Super EDT, Atik 460EX & Baader RGB 1.25" filters.

This is the only RGB image I put together as I was testing the 460 + spacing so I have nothing to compare it to.

I am guessing it is reflections from the filters but if so, is there anything I can do about it ?

These are the filters I use https://www.firstlightoptics.com/rgb-filters-filter-sets/baader-lrgbc-ccd-filter-set.html & are meant to be good at dealing with this problem.

Does it make a difference in how these are placed in the filter wheel ie one way round they will be nearer the ccd sensor than the other way, which surface faces which way ?

Any advice to avoid the 'artefacts' much appreciated.

Atb

Ewan

M45 RGB.jpg

Archived