Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Qhy 163m and hitech hub compatibility

Chris85

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used the 163m with a hitech Astro mount hub pro? I've seen a few people saying that they haven't been able to connect through powered usb hubs but I was hoping the hitech would be different.

Many thanks.

Not heard about this, is it perhapse to do with the USB power on issue that resulted in the camera powering on prior to the USB connection being avaliable, or was it the other way around. I think that only effected the first batch of cameras....unless I am thinking of the QHY168c.

All in all the camera should be totally blind to the fact it is connected to a powered hub vs a non powered one, with the exception of the above where it may cause power to be present prior to the USB connection being established. 

Thanks for your reply, Adam. 

I first heard about problems over on iceinspace, but it could've been an isolated incident. In the past I've had problems with Orion guide cams and powered hubs, but I was quite green back then so it was probably more user error than anything else! Cheers 

Archived