Pier alteration

Pluto1948

Hi Guys

Can anyone give me some help with a new project, I need to reduce the size of my pier, it used to have a Helios 120mm refractor on it but now I want to put a 6" Mak on it the problem is cutting it down to size but keeping the cut level so the pier head will be level, a hacksaw is not an option as I can't take it out of the ground as it's in 3 feet of concrete, I thought about pipe cutters but the cost is £267.00 per day, ( I could most probably buy one ) HA!

Any suggestions.

George

DSC_2618.jpg

1 hour ago, Pluto1948 said:

Hi Guys

Can anyone give me some help with a new project, I need to reduce the size of my pier, it used to have a Helios 120mm refractor on it but now I want to put a 6" Mak on it the problem is cutting it down to size but keeping the cut level so the pier head will be level, a hacksaw is not an option as I can't take it out of the ground as it's in 3 feet of concrete, I thought about pipe cutters but the cost is £267.00 per day, ( I could most probably buy one ) HA!

Any suggestions.

George

DSC_2618.jpg

disc cutter and a grinder , just use thick paper card to wrap around pipe where you want to cut then disc cutter to lop off ,grinder to niffle in, file to finish off , level is not critical you can adjust the bird cage to suit ,near as damn it will suffice  

Archived