Focuser Knob

wookie1965

If you don't mind it being made of plastic then I'd be happy to design and 3D print you one. If you're looking for aluminium or something else then maybe some more experienced DIYers can chip in as I'm clueless when it comes to that I'm afraid.

The hole in the middle of the shaft is 32. mm deep it has a 4 mm shaft and a 3.9 mm grub screw 25.4 mm from the thin end 20.5 mm from the wheel end if that makes any sense.

perhaps this is more tricky than I first thought. Davey-T thats looks great just how I would fix it to the shaft.

20171122_194949.jpg

20171122_195301.jpg

20171122_194937.jpg

20171122_194944.jpg

4 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

The hole in the middle of the shaft is 32. mm deep it has a 4 mm shaft and a 3.9 mm grub screw 25.4 mm from the thin end 20.5 mm from the wheel end if that makes any sense.

perhaps this is more tricky than I first thought. Davey-T thats looks great just how I would fix it to the shaft.

I think it's called bodging :grin:

Dave

1 hour ago, angryowl said:

If you don't mind it being made of plastic then I'd be happy to design and 3D print you one. If you're looking for aluminium or something else then maybe some more experienced DIYers can chip in as I'm clueless when it comes to that I'm afraid.

would it help if I posted the original knob then you could make the knob part bigger.

Archived