Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guiding with Avalon M zero and Lacetera Mgen II

Paul1

Hello everybody

Are there people who use the Avalon M zero together with the Lacetera MgenII for guiding?

I have read somewhere that special settings should be made but I do not find the article anymore.
Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

I do not have your mount,  but have an MGEN V2 since years and I am member in a German forum, where people did exchange details related to M-Zero mount in combination with MGEN & settings for better performance in guiding results..

Could maybe work for you also..:icon_albino: 

What is your question.. and do you use an OAG or a finder with the MGEN?

Bye

Martin

Hi Martin

I use the orion mini guider.

last night I used the M zero for the first time with the Mgen II and I was not satisfied with  the guiding results.

Do you have the link to that topic?

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

I will send you the link to the thread via a message, not sure if I may insert any links from other forums here..

but the best practice / settings for MGEN with M-ZERO were reported with the values..

Guidespeed = 0,15, Aggr = 60% and Mode should be setup with value = 1.. ( you need to play with the values until you have a good calibration result and guidng results )

Cheers

Martin

Paul, any update ?? did the thread help you ?? any success ??

I did contact a member of the FORUM where I did send you the link, and he also has M-ZERO and MGEN.. and he is using the following settings..

Focal lengh= 162mm, Guiding Rate (to be setup on both MGEN & in the mount settings): 40% on both RA/DEC.., Num 1, Tol 0.2, Aggr 70-90%, Mode 2

The FOCAL LENGH of 162 is the setting for your  orion mini guider

Bye

Martin

Martin, Sorry for the late reaction but I am abroad.

I have not had the chance to try the settings but I will definitely try them.

With my Heq5 pro I never had problems with the Mgen II so I know it's a beautiful device.

When I get the chance I will use these settings and I will certainly let you know.

Regards Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Archived