SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

75% Waxing gibbous - 2nd Imaging (Still a rookie)

From 30th October 2017. Using a Sky & Moonglow filter that was included with the collection, I didn't know what to expect out of it. (I had previously used a moon filter that left a green tint to everything - the detail was there, but the colour was flat.) This filter didn't cut out as much of the colour, despite having a mild pink hue. I'm still familiarising myself with everything, but I'm looking into things as I go.

This image is a combination of 7 exposures at various speeds to allow for detail and contrast using a Canon Rebel T5i (gifted to me, so I'm not complaining about a free DSLR) and my Celestron Nexstar 127SLT. I aligned the images in Photoshop CC, and adjusted using Lightroom and the Camera Raw filter to help pull out the colours. I'm excited to keep experimenting with things, and happy to submit this image for review.

moon_075_30102017_IG_03a.thumb.jpg.b71fea83c367d09cb2ec8ef638a9aa3a.jpg

Archived