Places to observe in Dengie Peninsula

dark star

I am planning to go to the Dengue Peninsula in Essex to stargaze tonight as it looks like it should be pretty dark. Does anyone know a good place to park up and observe there, preferably with little or no through traffic. I have finally got a car so can at last get to dark sites!

A bit late for the clear skies tonight, but the car park for Dengie Nature Reserve is dark and there's very little traffic out there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapel_of_St_Peter-on-the-Wall I've been there once, and there's almost nothing around it apart from the distant lights of Bradwell power station and Clacton.

I might be heading up there myself later, if I can ever get organised!

I didn't go anywhere in the end as I got a migraine headache and had to go to bed. Hopefully next weekend! Thanks for all the replies.

The car park at Dengie nature reserve, is that at the end of East End road, where there is a locked gate and the track to the church after the gate?

The migraine was unfortunate, and there's nothing that can be done once you've got it except to sleep it off

That's the spot. There's space for about 10 cars with scopes. Good views from there as long as you don't mind wasting one side to some trees. The power station, and the lights of Clacton and Mersea are not a problem

Archived