Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lacerta MGEN II - no ST-4 output

geoland

Hi.

I recently purchased a Lacerta MGEN II standalone auto-guider and used it once out of the box - it worked well.

Last night, second time out, no guiding - the problem, no ST-4 output.

The camera and handbox auto-guiding function behaves normally (factory settings) and 'all' other indications suggest there is nothing wrong with that part of the system. The ST-4 cable is not broken - resistance measured at both ends. However, a voltmeter indicates 0V at the ST-4 cable ends during auto-guiding - no pulse to the motors.

Before I go down the warranty path, I am concerned that I have switched something off - the unit is not in emulation mode and manual mode produces no output.

I cannot think of a need to explicitly switch ST-4 on or off. The documentation states that the primary, default, function is auto-guiding and it worked first time out of the box. I did hook up the unit to a laptop to look at the desktop client, just exploring the various options. Coincidence or component failure? Have I inadvertantly messed with settings. If not, it's hardware.

Anyone had the same issue?

• 1 month later...

Archived