NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Double Vision

Fypunky

Saturday 14/10/17

The session was planned on Friday night as the forcast was for clear skies, I knew the LP would be bad, that's Blackpool in the autumn for ya! In fact you don't need a torch to see what EP's you have in your hand.

I had entered all the double stars into the goto so it was then a case of just going through, 7 targets in total.

Andromedia was the area for the first three doubles. SAO55331 was the first, clearly split and with good views at different mags, SAO53668 was next, again good viewing at different mags, last of the three in Andromedia was SAO54138. All stars were viewing as white doubles.

Perseus was next, four doubles were on my bucket list, SAO2376, SAO39604, SAO39331 & SAO39438. All doubles were split and showing as white colour. 

Once I had completed my double list Pleiades was high and in the dark (very loose term) part of the sky so popped the 32mmEP in and swung the scope around, oh my just how good is it! Spent around 20 mins just observing the sheer beauty of this cluster.

I wanted to finish with another double, so swung the scope right into the artificial daylight and there was Alberio, I wasn't sure what to expect with the lazers and the full on LP but they resolved really well and the colours were far better than I expected, gold and blue.

So a good couple of hours spent observing some good doubles and of course Pleiades.

Archived