Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Alt/Az Mount build diary

Doc

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a lot of thinking and mulling this over I've decided to polish the mount to a mirror finish. You know how you sometimes start something and say " Why the hell have I started this" , well this is one of those moments. I've been emery clothing scratches out, then wet and dry 400, 800, 1500, and 2500 grit and then polishing and I'm knackered. One thing I've done is scribe the lines for holes etc to deep and this has caused so much more work to remove, lesson learnt and my next mount will be scribed better.

Anyway I've bought a polishing kit to finish it off.

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Aluminium-Polishing-Super-Finishing-kit-4-x1--mops-with-Menzerna-Compounds-2370.html#SID=176

On another note managed an hour before it clouded over on Sunday night and it's working pretty good. A few sticky patches that I'm working on, but the accuracy seems pretty good and the balance is spot on.

Archived