Ioptron Mini tower 2.

Dave1

Hello folks.

I'm still looking at the mount options for suitable mount for the Skymax 180 Pro. I was thinking to go goto, and I have had my eye on Ioptron cube mounts for awhile now. Does anyone that owns a Ioptron Minitower 2 use a Skymax 180 pro or a similar scope? How does the mount handle the telescope. I know the Skymax 180 pro is within the weight limit of the mount. I've read mixed reports on these mounts. Just wanted to make sure.

The Skymax 180 pro weights 7.8 kg.

Dave

Dave,

Im guessing you may be the Dave that responded to my ad for the mini tower 2?

So I'm obviously conflicted here. If it was a refractor that weighed 8kg then I would say no since I think the 120ed that weighs about 6.5kg is the limit. But the skymax is a lot shorter at only 50cm so in my biased opinion I think the mini tower 2 may well be ok.

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Yes it was me, that responded to your advert. I have decided that for now, that a goto mount isn't the way to go for me. Because I am a visual observer, and because of the weight and length of some of my OTA's. So I have bought an Altair Astro Sabre 2. 

Dave

Archived