Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone know how to....

Hey kids,

I have a Celestron 200mm Newtonian from a Starhopper 8" and I have a really annoying problem of trying to achieve focus with my dSLR. Bear with me cos this takes some explaining....

I have the universal Celestron t-adapter and an olympus t-ring which allow me to slot the nose of the dSLR into the eyepiece holder (for prime focus imaging), yet when aiming at the stars I cannot get enough down turn on the focuser to get focused.

Infact I have to remover the 1.25inch ring on the (I assume its a) crayford to get close to focus, but its still off by quite a way.

Does anyone know how to rectify this issue. When I was observing once I noticed that someone had a device which flipped the focusing capability of an eyepiece or imager so that if there wasn't enough downturn or upturn then they could insert the device and go the other way to achieve focus.

Does anyone know the name of this piece of equipment or even know what I am on about?

Thankyou!

Archived