Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need help identifying falling comet like object

Stareeyed

It happened at the beginning of this year I was waiting at my bus top early in the morning around 6:30 am I was just talking to a friend and I happened to notice this beautiful and fast moving comet looking like object falling toward the ground it was flyingg down the street but I never got a chance to pinpoint  the location  it all happened to fast but it was emitting all types  of beautiful colors of a rainbow and had a trail behind any explanation? Google couldn't help so I came to some astronomy forums

3 minutes ago, Stareeyed said:

It happened at the beginning of this year I was waiting at my bus top early in the morning around 6:30 am I was just talking to a friend and I happened to notice this beautiful and fast moving comet looking like object falling toward the ground it was flyingg down the street but I never got a chance to pinpoint  the location  it all happened to fast but it was emitting all types  of beautiful colors of a rainbow and had a trail behind any explanation? Google couldn't help so I came to some astronomy forums

Plus no one else noticed 

There is a good chance you may have seen an artificial satellite re entry or a piece of space junk. That can explain the different colours. I saw a satellite re entry last year which I managed to confirm was the case because it was widely seen by other witnesses. It looked like a golden coloured fireball, quite stunning to see. However this happens at a high altitude because the object gets burnt up by the atmosphere as it falls towards Earth. 

Archived