NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Optolong Filters

Shelster1973

Having just got my Skywatcher Star Adventurer and being now sat under permacloud, was thinking about how I could get around the LP issues I have of living in the city.

Already have some 2" LP filters from when I used my D7100 on my OTA with a coma corrector, but this would not be that great for my current needs as wil be using a variety of different size Nikon lenses.

Looking at indivudual LP filters of the the correct sizes would have been silly expensive, so knwoing that you can get clip in fliters for Canon cameras was hopeful that ther may be some for Nikons.  Whan I first started down the wallet emptying path that is this great hobby of astreo imaging, I did look for a Nikon clip in, but came up against a brick wall.

Fortunately, I have managed to find one that is made by Optolong and sold from Cyclops Optics in China.  Have ordered one of these and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this make of filter, be it good or bad.

Archived