Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tip for Skyshed POD owners with a POD cover

SteveA

If you own a Skyshed POD and  like me you gave up on trying to come up with a solution to beat the pesky leak at the pivot point on the dome and invested in one of the POD covers, you’ll appreciate this suggestion, which I found on Skyshed POD Yahoo site.

So the POD cover, despite not being the most attractive feature of my back garden, pretty much makes the POD  100% water tight and I leave the POD covered right throughout the year. Since I purchased the cover several years ago I’ve never had any kind of leak despite some pretty atrocious weather  over the years.

The only issue with the cover is it can be a real pain to put back on the POD and becomes  a painful process in the early hours of the morning. So here’s the tip….don’t take it off ever again!

I tried this out last night and it works like a dream. Firstly release the bungee cords holding the cover, unlock your dome from the inside and then ..open the dome. The cover simply concertinas up and sits on the static half of the dome.  Just to make sure the cover doesn’t slip off the back I used a couple of the bungee cords to secure the bottom edge of the cover (now overhead and laying on the outer edge of the swinging half of the dome )  to two of the wall brackets. The dome can be turned as normal. When you are ready to close up for the night, remove the two bungee cords from the brackets and close the dome. The whole process is simple and makes life very much easier.

Steve

Archived