Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

B&W results when using PIPP

Up until last week I did not use PIPP, but then after as talk at my local club I gave it a go.

I use an Altair Astro IMX 178 Hypercsam which is video. When I use it with Sharcap and process in Autostakkert then Registax wavelets I get nice colour images.

But when I use PIPP the images come out grey and I cannot get colour. The one on the right is the same image but reprocessed with PIPP.

I have tried varios input settings in PIPP but to no avails. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jupiter Europa 2.jpg

colour test22_00_56_pipp.jpg

Hi,

What format did you capture your data in?  Is it raw colour (monochrome with a bayer pattern) or colour video?  What options are you selecting in PIPP?

For raw colour video you either need to debayer the video in PIPP or protect the bayer pattern while cropping or centring the frames.  See these controls:
* Input Options Tab -> Colour Debayer

Cheers,
Chris

Archived