Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2 star alignment + all star polar align -SOLVED

Hi guys ... I have a question regarding star alignment using the nexstar hand control.
I've been trying the 2 star alignment followed by adding at least one (have also tried 3) extra calibration star and then slewing to a named star to begin all star polar alignment.
I notice the star i choose to polar align on and slew to isn't usually visible on my camera's live view. I have to manually slew to it before i can start all star polar alignment.
Is the reason the 2 star alignment including additional calibration star/s is inaccurate when slewing to it's 1st named star, because the initial setup of the mount (level, pointing north at correct latitude) was also inaccurate?

The whole routine starts out with setting up the mount, then 2 star alignment, then all star polar align and then back to re-align because the mount has been moved.
It seems a really convoluted way of doing it.
Wouldn't it be better to polar align the mount, then do a 2 star alignment plus additional calibration stars and skip the all star polar alignment?

Update: Again i should have spent more time searching for an answer before posting. I think i'm learning that if there's no replies within an hour, its' because there's already a ton of material on the subject :thumbsup:

Archived