NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AstroTrac TT320X

It's on its way... :)

The porch where the astro stuff lives is looking quite empty at the moment, now all the bulky stuff has been sold. :clouds1:

But hopfully the astrotrac will help to fill the psychological void.

I really can't wait for it to arrive. My intention is to take it on my travels to Spain where we get some fantastic dark skies. And to use it at my local UK dark site (weather permitting).

some of the results being achieved with this mount are just fantastic, and now they have improved the max load capacity I should be able (with suitable tripod) to use a small refractor with ease.

I have decided to purchase the full Manfortto setup to give me the best possible start.

AstroTrac TT320X

AstroTrac Polar Scope

Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod

Manfrotto 486 RC2 Ball head

Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head

I'll post some pictures when it arrives. :(

Lee.

You wont regret it, its a fantastic bit of kit that opens up a lots of opportunities for grabbing an imaging and quickly breaking down the kit if the weather changes. Even with the extra payload capability it is still a little awkward to use a small scope with as the overhang of the scope the camera can be close to the Astrotracs arm. Using a scope may make it out of balance. With a just a DSLR and a DSLR lens the weight is further forward and tends to be more over the centre of the tripod.

Regards

Kevin

Archived