Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

StarSense with Starry Night - cable

I am tearing my hair out here (not the I have any). I just bought a Celestron StarSense for SkyWatcher and I'm really pleased with the alignment performance, however, Celestron, in their wisdom, have changed the Hand Controller Serial port from RJ11 to Mini-USB. I use Starry Night Pro to control my mount and connect from the PC to Mount using a serial cable with RJ11 plug on one end and Serial to USB adapter on the other. I connect through Starry Night using the Ascom driver and really want to continue to use this set up. My question is; How on Earth do I connect the StarSense HC to the PC to use Starry Night? What cable/adaptors do I need? On the Celestron website the clearly say you can use a serial connection to use Planetarium software on a PC but they don't say how. Need HELP!!!

Archived