NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

OIII collaboration, anyone?

ollypenrice

I'm doing NGC4725 and its environment in the TEC 140 at 1.8 arcsecs per pixel. In the FOV is PN G339.9+88.4. On the sky it's actually bigger than the galaxy NGC4725. It shows remarkably well in LRGB but, to my surprize, hardly at all in 7nm Ha. I don't have an OIII filter for the TEC and don't really want to knock down the dual Tak to take one from there, because we have new guests at the weekend. If anybody fancies a collaboration some OIII on this might be great. Obviously I'll share the data I have, which is a a couple of nights LRGB in the TEC plus some older data on the galaxies from the 14 inch ODK.

Olly

I can offer an Esprit 120, QSI 690 and Astrodon 3nm OIII (0.9" resolution), or a WO Star 71, Moravian G2-8300 and Chroma 3nm OIII (3.2").  

What I cannot offer is your SQM numbers or your weather, so if there is a 'deadline', I may not be able to meet it.  

If what I can offer is any use, please let me know.  If not, no worries.

Steve

8 hours ago, gnomus said:

I can offer an Esprit 120, QSI 690 and Astrodon 3nm OIII (0.9" resolution), or a WO Star 71, Moravian G2-8300 and Chroma 3nm OIII (3.2").  

What I cannot offer is your SQM numbers or your weather, so if there is a 'deadline', I may not be able to meet it.  

If what I can offer is any use, please let me know.  If not, no worries.

Steve

There's no deadline, Steve. It would just be interesting to see what this could give. I shot 4 hours of 30 min Ha last night and it doesn't look as if it will have much to say for itself! I haven't processed it yet. So if you fancy giving it a go, great.

Olly

Would you prefer the FOV of the WO 71 or the Esprit?  

It would be helpful if you could send me a sub, for me to plate polve and centre upon.  And finally, how much are you looking for?

Steve 

1 hour ago, gnomus said:

Would you prefer the FOV of the WO 71 or the Esprit?  

It would be helpful if you could send me a sub, for me to plate polve and centre upon.  And finally, how much are you looking for?

Steve 

Here's the image in LRGB. I'll PM you some details.

Olly

Archived