Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4565 from the Brecons 24th/25th March

tich

After recovering from a great week away in the Brecons I've finally managed a fairly decent image using a CCD, I've had issues in the past although that was down to user error on my part. Friday night was a bit of a nightmare & after 4 hours of messing about I found out I had a dodgey ST4 cable, after I changed it all seemed ok until PHD2 spat its dummy out & froze. Anyway I only managed 1 hour & 40 minutes but Saturday night I managed 4 hours & 50 minutes so not to bad at all, mind you downloading the newest version of PHD2 cured its crashing.
Very happy with the result although probably still need some better processing skills but getting there slowly I guess.

Anyway I got 6 hours 30 minutes worth of data in the end using a Skywatcher 250PX, QHY8 OSC, stacked with DSS & processed in Photoshop CS5

DSC_0072.thumb.JPG.71f252e28406b5ffbec5bff073a02784.JPG

Needle 6hr 30 minutes  Cropped

Archived