NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anybody used a FLEA3 or other PG cams with SharpCap ??

Morning all,

Have acquired a PG Flea3 mono, primarily for work with H-Alpha but the spec is such that I might sneak a DSO or two.  Looks like a Borg oxo cube !!  

After a few downloads of drivers etc I have managed to get Firecapture to work, but SharpCap refuses to detect the camera,  even though Sharpcap.co.uk says that PG are supported.

Is there something obvious or subtle I am missing ?   

I am not a techie and usually resolve computer issues with force .....

Thanks in advance,

Sean.

Hi Sean,

only supported in the 2.10 beta builds, not in 2.9 or earlier versions. If it's still not working when you try 2.10 please let me know.

cheers,

Robin

• 1 month later...

Sorry Robin,   I did not see your reply.

As you may have guessed I am loading SharpCap Ver 3.0   tonight  and having a go at the PG Flea again.   Will  report back.

Great product by the way..... the polar align feature is such a satisfying thing to get spot on..... oh the hours of faffing this has saved me.

Sean.

Hi Robin,

Still struggling to get this to work.  I have loaded Ver 3.0,  got the license sorted,  just not picking up on the camera.  

My ZWO 120mc works fine so I am not without some form of capture device. It would be nice to get the PG working though.

I have submitted a post to your SharpCap Forum with additional information.

Many thanks for any help.

Sean

First things first - have you installed both the PointGrey FlyCapture software and also the SharpCap Pre-Requisite installer as well as SharpCap. Then please check that you can detect and use the camera in FlyCapture. Next thing after that is to run SharpCap and if the camera is still not appearinig in the devices list, please send me the full text of the SharpCap log by PM (Help->Show Log).

cheers,

Robin

Evening Robin,

Yes  I have installed  Flycapture, and it works detecting the camera.   Gave me a responsive output on screen.

Installed the Pre-requisite installer.

Then run SharpCap and it did not pick up the cam.    I will do as  requested and send you the log file.

Sean.

Thanks for your help Robin.    All sorted now.   Looking forward to some epic captures with this new cam.

All the best with  Ver 3.0.

Regards,

Sean.

Archived