NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WIP poor weather image (M78)

simmo39

Well I dont know about you but Im fed up with the weather. so when I could see some stars last night (despite being poor seeing here) I went for it! after about 2 and a bit hours of playing (well until the moon came up) I took what i could get. So for the boring bit. A mix of 4min and 6 min exposures at iso 800. Taken with a canon 600d through my trusty SW 130 PDS.

As i said in the title this is a work in progress and Ill add to it as soon as i can.

M78_filtered_zpsvturwjgu.jpg

Hints and tips welcome

Last night was the worst night of seeing I've known since I returned to observing 4 years ago. I seriously wondered whether there was something wrong with the scope.  No clouds but some sort of murk was giving very fuzzy stars and high magnification was a right off.  My target too was M78 but I gave up quite quickly given how things were looking. Well done for persisting and I'm looking forward to seeing your final image. I would be interested to know if others across the UK had poor seeing or whether it was just a North Lancashire thing. Does it make a difference that it  was an East wind?

Archived