NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I've just given my first arts lecture ...

jnb

Well not art per se, but a gallery wanted an "alternative view" so I went in to give a scientists view of the art. It was an interesting experience. The talk was mostly visual similarity, analogy and how science doesn't subtract from art in any way. Afterwards was interesting because it was a combination of questions about science (easy), god (give a non answer that avoids the question) and random questions from people who saw no difference between new age style thinking and science. Probably the wierdest question was "Does quantum mechanics explain Reiki therapy?"

http://www.townereastbourne.org.uk/event/alternative-viewpoints-feb2017/

52 minutes ago, jnb said:

Probably the wierdest question was "Does quantum mechanics explain Reiki therapy?"

I imagine a scientist like yourself could probably have answered that fairly concisely (one word?). Kindness would probably dictate a longer answer.:happy11:

Archived