Easy to remove mirror adhesive??

PeterW

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on using 3M easy to remove wall hanging adhesive strips for holding a primary mirror down?
http://command.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/command-gb/ 
 I plan to use a 6/9point cell and the load per strip mentioned is 2kg, so I should be fine.
I would use silicone, but I would like to temporarily mount the mirror as I want to recoat it sometime, but want to make the scope around it first. These strips could be a way to hold the mirror in and then one good pull of the tab and it would be easy to remove for recoating.

Cheers

peterW

19 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on using 3M easy to remove wall hanging adhesive strips for holding a primary mirror down?
http://command.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/command-gb/ 
 I plan to use a 6/9point cell and the load per strip mentioned is 2kg, so I should be fine.
I would use silicone, but I would like to temporarily mount the mirror as I want to recoat it sometime, but want to make the scope around it first. These strips could be a way to hold the mirror in and then one good pull of the tab and it would be easy to remove for recoating.

Cheers

peterW

Peter, what kind of scope is it? what mirror cell?

One with a mirror in! ;-) I found a 13"f3 mirror that's a bit grotty and wanted to save on recoating costs for a little while... we know that it takes a lot of mirror grot to mess up the view. Probably make it all from wood. Doing the calcs and designy bits now and then more shopping.

cheers

peterW

Archived