NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

south west london black hole

M106

19 minutes ago, M106 said:

ive tried and failed to find any groups in south west london, even the Greenwhich society said its a black hole :(

is there anyone out there from SW? perhaps we can get a group/society going?

Not exactly SW, but I'm W4 (Chiswick)

2 minutes ago, Petergoodhew said:

Not exactly SW, but I'm W4 (Chiswick)

not that far from me, relatively lol, im in roehampton, a few minutes from barnes and richmond, are you a member of a society/club already? would a new group interest you?

there a fair few very big parks and commons around SW  that are good for star gazing, as good as it can get in london anyway

7 minutes ago, M106 said:

not that far from me, relatively lol, im in roehampton, a few minutes from barnes and richmond, are you a member of a society/club already? would a new group interest you?

there a fair few very big parks and commons around SW  that are good for star gazing, as good as it can get in london anyway

There's the Baker Street Irregulars who meet monthly in Regent's Park - I attended once.  I'm not aware of any other groups though.

I'm more into astrophotography than visual, but would be interested in joining a more local group if one can get off the ground.

Just now, Petergoodhew said:

There's the Baker Street Irregulars who meet monthly in Regent's Park - I attended once.  I'm not aware of any other groups though.

I'm more into astrophotography than visual, but would be interested in joining a more local group if one can get off the ground.

great, lets see if any other members are local and go from there

in the meantime i'll contact a few parks and commons mangers and see what is possible as regular meet sites, esp if they can offer late night parking access, skies are allot darker over this way

Archived