NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Blending the join of two images using Photoshop

HI all,

I took 79 light subs of the Hart Nbula over two sessions. However, DSS was unable to stack both sessions in one go, I had to stack each session separately and then stack the two DSS images. The result can be seen below. How can I get rid of the two edges on the right and left of the image. I use Photoshop for my image processing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

heart dss stacked.jpg

If you have both stacks you could always load them both into photoshop as separate layers.   line up the two images.  The set the layer glen mode to averaege.  This should stack the two images together.

for the parts that don overlap, could always cut them both onto their own layer, then make a mask to cut a hole in the middle for the combined piece.  Make the parts that join images a gradient blur in the mask and that should cover up any hard lines.

Thanks for the replies. The image is not a mosaic. The DSO is in the center of both images. However, with the second session, the camera was rotated 76 degrees compared to the first imaging session. Here is the original stack. I'll try and follow Daniels and Sub Warfs suggestions.

Stack1.jpg

Archived