NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomical Painting

JohnSadlerAstro

Hi,

I'm hoping this is the right place; if not, mods plz move as appropriate. :)

So a few months ago, during some particularly bad weather, I tried my hand at painting some of the pictures in my Hubble Legacy book. This one worked out quite well, and I wondered if anyone else has tried the same sort of thing? It would be interesting to know.

IMG_2248.JPG

P.S. Sorry for the bad photo, but its on 4 A4 pieces of printer card taped together, and its come out a bit dim.

John

Hi John, it's a good idea, esp. if you used oils as the bright colours in Artist quality really bring out the highlights.  I used to paint landscapes years ago before I got into astronomy seriously but have never considered mixing the two, I don't have the patience for art now since a stroke disabled my left-hand side but I often think about what  I could have done.  Well done for giving a try, results look pretty good!

Archived