NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cave Nebula in HA

Rudeviewer

This is the start to My narrowband cave nebula. When I got the first subs, i almost moved onto a new target as i just wasn't impressed by a 20 min sub, but decided to stick with for that night and see what i came up with. I ended up that night with 8 subs at 20 mins. Played around quite a bit with pixinsight and finished with photoshop. I will for sure continue with this and get the OIII data and do the bi-color, the question i am wondering is if i will try to bin the OIII data and stick with 20 minute subs to see if i can bring more OIII out than usual, and do a really good star removal and use it only as a color, and leave the HA as a LUM. Might be worth the try just to see what comes of it.  Here is the first process of the Cave...

8x1200s subs with Flats and bias calib files.

Cave HA 1st Pro_PS.png

19 hours ago, Barry-Wilson said:

This is a great start, well done.

Thank you Barry.  Ben snowing and frigid here since i captured this, so still waiting for some good weather to image.  Hopefully soon i can finish this.  

Archived