NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 2177/ ngc 2323 and some others

Atreta

It's been a long time since i last posted an image of mine due to rainy season, college tests and the more than usual lazyness :D

yesterday the sky was so good that i shaken up the lazyness and decided to give it a go, managed to do about an hour of lights.

i was first aiming for the southern pleiades, but it was right behind a power cable so i pointed to the seagull nebula and the heart shaped cluster.

the heart shaped cluster is visible to the middle lower right but i couldn't see the seagull.

here is the result, hope you like it, and c&c is welcome :)

35x120s iso 800 with canon t5i and 135mm lens, stacked in dss and processed with photoshop.

ic2177.jpg

this is the link to the plate solved image:

http://nova.astrometry.net/user_images/1431243#annotated

Nice catch. The solved image shows quite a collection of clusters etc. I have never even heard of the Southern Pleiades.

To show the targets better, you can try to shrink stars that are not part of the targeted clusters. This will enable you to lift the targets some more.

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked,  i'll try to do what you said about shrinking the stars. 

As for the southern pleiades,  i'm gonna try it again,  but this time with the 130pds, will post here if i manage to do it.  

Thanks. 

Archived