Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Nebula, last year - now this year

Galactic Wanderer

Hello all,

I wanted to show you the first of many tries this year of the Orion nebula but to compare it with last years image through a friends telescope. When I first started doing astrophotography, my teachers said it would be absolutely impossible to do astrophotgraphy in the depths of London so I really wasn't expecting much from the first attempts at the Orion nebula. Even though now I realize they weren't so good , I was immensely pleased with them at the time. Now after a new telescope and a few accessories, I was ready to take on the challenge. I have come a long way in astrophotography but  I still have many, many miles to travel until my mission is accomplished.

M42 is a stack of 25  80 second exposures  ISO 500 with a new astronomik CLS filter. This needs a lot more data but for now I am quite happy with it. If I were to change something in this picture, it would be including a lot more of the Running man nebula. Feedback is more than welcome:icon_biggrin:

Thanks, Seb

IMG_7547.thumb.jpg.293f57b6340e9a88843d7203ceaa7575.jpg

2016-12-27 (14).jpg

Archived