NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheapest UK Ethos 13?

I'd pay the extra £40 and not worry about customs or having to return it if not satisfied (unlikely I know). Whats £40 when you are spending ~£350 on an eyepiece? I buy a fair bit of gear from abroad to save money but its just not worth the hassle/ risk in this instance IMHO.

Yeah Gaz I think you're right.

I notice Altair Astro and Venturescope are both offering them now for £380 delivered.

The last time I price checked (over a month ago) the cheapest I could find one in the UK was £421 + p&p.

Col

Yeah Gaz I think you're right.

I notice Altair Astro and Venturescope are both offering them now for £380 delivered.

The last time I price checked (over a month ago) the cheapest I could find one in the UK was £421 + p&p.

Col

Yep - there has been a substantial price drop on the Ethos recently. Must be slightly annoying if you paid £499 for one when they 1st came out over here a few months ago.

I'm waiting for the 2nd hand ones to come along at £280ish :D

John

someone just sold a spare 8mm that was going to be used in a binoviewer for £300 on astro buy and sell. wish i had seen it earlier. the only good thing prices are likely to drop further if we are prepared to wait, and lets face it with all these high winds since the start of the year bringing cloud after cloud you wouldnt be able to use them anyway well not from here anyway.

mike

Archived