Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

"Sort of" 1st light for WO ZS71

AstroPhil

Hello all,

I'm still a relative newbie with my "re-booted" hobby but thanks to the advice of this forum I'm slowly making progress. This was a productive night on 3rd December and the first time I really got to grips with the ZS71/AZ-EQ6 (not really first light as I have been using it visually for a few weeks, but hey ho!). The camera is an uncooled Ultrastar and mostly 90s exposures stacked in DSS with a fairly basic flat done the next day, as well as darks and bias (although I'm not to what extent I need those with this camera). The setup is still a work in progress - just pointing through the open window(!) at the moment so I could get to grips with the basics of ASCOM and guiding (via a 50mm telescope and ASI planetary camera) but all in all, it worked really well.

Most of these were taken using 30m total exposure apart from my Jellyfish attempt, which was 1h - but still didn't really capture much (but worth a quick try). Any tips for improvement gratefully received!

Cheers.

Triplet.jpg

M96v2.jpg

M67.jpg

M45.jpg

M44.jpg

M42.jpg

M37.jpg

IC443.jpg

Archived