NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Final rubbish M33

DaveS

I'm done with this :mad:.

After bashing my head against a brick wall with the rubbish data, and being plagued with LP gradients that vary depending on where M33 was when the sub was made I've decided that RGB is a hiding to nothing from my location.

Final RGB.jpg

So that's IT, finito, done! From now on it's NB only.

That looks fantastic, far better than my effort.  How much exposure time is in this image?

I tried an hour and a half last night (modded DSLR with Astronomik light pollution filter) and you can hardly see anything in the stacked image.

And this is one with Ha added, an hour in 10min subs with the 3nm Astrodon. I had to do a brutal crop to get rid of rubbish borders and a couple of dust bunnies.

I think a deep clean in on the cards.

Very last HaRGB.jpg

Too much green i know.

Yeah, when I was processing it I was thinking of HLVG but I don't have PS, everything was done in AA5. Only thing I can think of doing is dumping the Red data which has some horrendous alignment issues, due to being captured in bits and pieces over several nights (And with a meridian flip somewhere), and get a solid 2 hours Red without interruptions.

If I can be bothered, which isn't certain ATM.

Archived