NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS problem

Moonshed

I have only been doing this for a couple of months so I am still on a steep learning curve. When I first started I only used 10 subs and that went okay. Next time tried 15 subs, still good. Last night tried 30 subs, oh dear. Every time I try it runs for , I don't know maybe 15 mins, then I get an error message . I tried only checking 15 subs but it still gives an error message, even with 10 subs, but fails to say what the error is. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions please?

1 hour ago, D4N said:

It could be out of memory, DSS is a 32bit application so can only address to 1gb of ram.  Try selecting a region of interest to stack and make sure you don't have drizzle enabled.

Thanks Dan, I changed the settings so that drizzle was not enabled and it worked. I have what appears to be a really good, for me, image to work with in PS. Cheers!

3 hours ago, D4N said:

Your welcome, good luck with the rest of the processing.

Hi Dan, I've had a very quick stab at processing last night's image that I couldn't get DSS to stack. But following your suggestion it worked just fine and produced an image that just needs some proper processing. I have yet to learn masks and layers in PS but I will study the tutorials in YouTube for that. Anyway this is what I have. The first image is straight off DSS and the other is after 5 mins playing around in PS with Levels and Saturation.  It's a start!

image.tiff

image.jpeg

It looks like you have good data there, once you get the hang of processing it you should have a really nice image.

If you use curves as well as levels you can brighten the dim areas without blowing out the bright areas.

50 minutes ago, D4N said:

It looks like you have good data there, once you get the hang of processing it you should have a really nice image.

If you use curves as well as levels you can brighten the dim areas without blowing out the bright areas.

I will give that a go tomorrow. But first I really must study that YouTube tutorial regarding Masks and Layers, because until I start using that my results will be very limited. Cheers. Keith.

Archived