Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO Filter Wheel

Grierson

Good afternoon folks. I wonder if anyone can answer a simple (naïve!) question. I have a ZWO mini 5 position filter wheel populated in positions 1 - 4 with Luminance, Red, Green and Blue filters.

The question is 'does the software (SGPro in my case) always park the luminance filter back in the Number 1 position once a sequence of four Events has been completed?' Short of taking the wheel out how can you tell? (I have manually defined the 4 filters from the Control Panel) I trust the question makes sense. Thanks - John 

I don't think so. When the wheel is first powered up and initialised it will cycle round to position (1) but SGP will not change filters until specifically told to do so. You may be able to set something in 'End of Sequence Script Actions' that would change this behaviour but I'm uncertain.

ChrisH

Thanks. In fact I have discovered that the filter wheel is moved to position 1 before any sequence is run. I didn't have a suitable USB lead at the time but having obtained a long one I have now put the wheel on the bench and watched what happens! I also found that I had stupidly put the filters in the wrong order on the wheel and it was that which gave me the odd results and which were causing my head to hurt. :happy11:

Archived