Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The much maligned Sony A5000

asset189

Not too shabby tbh.  I followed with dismay the threat indicating that this small mirror-less camera is not really suitable for astro photography however as I'm not too flush I had to stick with it. The attached image was taken using a 79sec exposure on a homemade barn door mount. Its less than perfect however does demonstrate that this wee camera is not too bad a performer for someone like me with a limited budget and low skill level. The camera is easy to work with and using the sony  smart phone app the exposure can be set remotely.  It will never match the all singling all dancing dslr camera but when attached to either the barn door mount, or into the telescope reasonable images can be achieved with a bit of effort, so  well worth considering as a starting point. Apologies if images are too big.20161119 Lyra 2.jpgIMG_20160320_174513 (2).jpg

Archived