NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone used Eclipse of the century?

almcl

They get an 80% safe rating as not a scam site, also I presume that the name has been adopted simply for this one event. So not likely to find a great deal. Slight concern on the absence of flights, but as it is a few days into the trip flights should be reasonable to obtain. Main question would be accomodation at Bend. By now I would have expected everything there to be booked. For the one in Cairns you couldn't get anything a year prior to it. And Bend does not seem that big.

Assuming they have prearranged enough then there is one road North from Bend to the totallity band and that will be solid with traffic. Again in reference to Cairns the police banned cars from using the main road after a certain time - early in the morning. No idea what the US will do, likely leave people to sort themselves, however with the number of RV's out there traffic etc will be high, against that is the idea that an RV will get to a site a day or two before and wait and there are several in the totallity band. For the UK one back in '99 the car park I used was full the night before. Looking at a map I20 feeds in then there is Redmond to get through. You need to really get North of Madras

Biggest "fear" is someone decides that 2 or 3 hours is enough time, where I guess a real early start, thinking 5:00am PDT or earlier, and take breakfast or grab a breakfast in Madras is a better idea.

I would want a detailed timetable of what they intend for that day. Specifically the Bend departure time and where they intend to observe from.

Archived