Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Slewing direction

Might be worth checking what latitude it is set at. Could be that it's set to a southern latitude, not northern. In my experience SW GoTo systems work very well. 

A friend of mine a while back was complaining that his eq3-2 (motor driven but not GoTo) wasn't keeping objects in the ep for very long  he had inadvertently caught the small switch that alternates between hemispheres.  Worked very well after that.

Good luck

??

3 hours ago, Gazabone said:

Might be worth checking what latitude it is set at. Could be that it's set to a southern latitude, not northern. In my experience SW GoTo systems work very well. 

A friend of mine a while back was complaining that his eq3-2 (motor driven but not GoTo) wasn't keeping objects in the ep for very long  he had inadvertently caught the small switch that alternates between hemispheres.  Worked very well after that.

Good luck

??

This Dob is set up by pointing it level North, raising it to Polaris, North, and pressing Set Latitude, so it can't be that, also the Alt slew in the right direction therefore it's only down to the AZ one which in the wrong direction

Archived