NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear nights mean busy processing - the bubble and M52

RSM

With the recent run of clear nights in this part of the world, I managed to get some time on the Bubble Nebula and also got M52 thrown in for good measure. Tried to keep things subtle. The bubble somehow reminds me of the Death Star lurking in the red nebula.

Richard

Bubble Nebula - v1.png!!

I really like the way you've framed this with the "salt and pepper" cluster in Cassiopeia - and the really controlled processing of the bubble 

Very good :-)

David

An interesting and pretty version of it. I like it! Did you deliberately suppress all the red nebulosity around it? Your version of it may look like a Death Star (whatever that is?), but when I see images of the bubble I think of the head of a rubber duck staring at me, but that is maybe just me.

43 minutes ago, gorann said:

An interesting and pretty version of it. I like it! Did you deliberately suppress all the red nebulosity around it? Your version of it may look like a Death Star (whatever that is?), but when I see images of the bubble I think of the head of a rubber duck staring at me, but that is maybe just me.

I think my set up plus light pollution meant most of the nebulosity surrounding the bubble was washed out and removed with gradient removal. Still got lots to learn when imaging feint nebulae. 

Archived