Canon 50mm stm first light. Heart, Soul and Perseus double cluster.

My old 50mm 1.8 plastic fantastic has now died so I replaced it with a new 1.8 stm.

This is my first pic with it from last night before the clouds came rolling in. Its 7 X 5min, iso 400, F4, on my canon 1200D on a tracking mount (EQ5pro). Bias and darks added. Gradient removed in Pixinsight LE. Stacked in DSS and processed in PS. 

Must say I am pleased with it, sharp stars right up to the edges and very light and reasonably priced for under a hundred pounds. 

Heart and Soul.jpg

Oops, I seem to have posted this twice, no doubt a mod will be along to sort it out!

Nice result, I love my 50 mm STM.

The STM is a big step up from the all plastic version in my view, it has better coatings and a manual focus ring that actually works and better blades in the iris, the 40 mm STM is another good lens. The only downside was the cost of the lens hood.

Alan

15 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Nice result, I love my 50 mm STM.

The STM is a big step up from the all plastic version in my view, it has better coatings and a manual focus ring that actually works and better blades in the iris, the 40 mm STM is another good lens. The only downside was the cost of the lens hood.

Alan

I paid £6 for my lens hood for the 50mm. From amazon...

Archived