NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eaglemoss Earth Moon and Sun Orbiter

Coastliner

Hi,

I hope this is in the correct place on the forum.

I have just started building this magazine partwork, is anyone else having a go? Does anyone know of any other discussions on this?

I have completed the Orrery and found it to be a fine bit of kit that went together really well, but so far with this one I have had trouble getting one screw and three grubscrews to fit, it is as if the threaded holes are blocked with laquer. I am awaiting delivery of an M3 tap to run down the threads.

Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks,

Neil.

Thanks Mark,

My M3 tap arrived so I ran it down the holes expecting it to just clean out some debris, but it extracted some brass swarf. I now think that the holes had not been threaded right the way through.

All screws go in and tighten nicely now.

I must say I am disappointed with the quality of the Earth globe, very cheap and plasticky compared to the quality of the Orrery planets, but I am assured that the completed model looks great.

i built the Orrery model, found that to be good quality overall. Got some duplicate issues because of an issue and swapped out some pieces that improved the running of the model - so not completely precision made, though with anything mass produced they'll be running to tolerances.

I cancelled the Earth-moon subscription, one such model is enough for me. I received the first few issues and was also disappointed with the quality of the Earth, is like a painted ping pong ball

Archived