Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob Transporter?

wingman

A friend of mine has a 10" Dob which is kept in her garage (the garage is in the back garden) She has a great deal of trouble getting it the length of her garden to use so I came up with the idea of putting it on something like this http://www.bigdug.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCatalogue=FLCDESC

What do you think? She could keep it on there in the garage then wheel it up the garden path, not sure it would be a good idea to leave it on there for viewing though

Think you may get a lot of vibration through the wheels, something similar with 10" pneumatic tyres would be better especially if the garden path is not smooth, you could then add an adjustable threaded rod to the four corners to adjust to level the trolley if its big enough to leave the scope on, If you get my meaning!!

Jeff.

Hi WM

If she has to go over various obstacles like the door stoop, Garden gnomes,etc :shocked: as Jeff has pointed out something with pneumatic tyres will be easier but I would go for a sack barrow bit like British rail use only two wheels dead easy to manoeuvre stick a bungee round the whole thing to keep the Scope secure.

Pete

Thanks chaps, I did wonder about the vibration. There are no steps (or gnomes :shocked: ) just an even path. I could probably knock something up fairly easily, I was a bit of a dab hand at making trollies in the long school summer holidays of my youth 8) (just have to remember it's not for racing down hills!)

Archived