Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble Nebula Wide HA OIII

Rudeviewer

My version of the wide bubble nebula in HA and OIII.  HA to the green channel, OIII to the Blue, and I used pixelmath to combine the two images at 50% each to create a lum file.  

Taken over the course of two nights.  Just had a chance to add the OIII data last night to my previous HA data.  I think the OIII adds a noise level that i am not happy with yet but this is my start.  Will continue to add data when i can.  I think when changing the green to a gold color that also introduced some noise as well that i didn't account for.  Also noticing I think my pixel scale with this setup doesn't work as well for this wide of a target i can tell i can't get as sharp of image.  Processed and combined in pixinsight and then tweaked in Photoshop CS2.

8x1200s HA, 11x1200s OIII, darks and bias calib files only.

Bubble HA OIII Reduc Gold.png

• 11 months later...

A reprocess of this image after sitting with it for over a year.  I think its a bit better but soon here I will have this scope back on my mount and hopefully can get some better data with the new mount.  Its smoggy due to fires all over the country so i needed something to reprocess and try a few newer techniques while i wait to image more.

EDIT:  Clicking on the image shows it better

bubble trial #4 - PS.png

Archived