Cassiopea widefield with modded 1200D

This is 35 X 4 min, iso 800, darks and bias, 70-300 zoom at 70mm, tracking mount (not guided) captured last night. I got the 1200D so I could do some widefield at the same time as guided scope imaging. Stacked in DSS, processed in photoshop.

There are a few goodies here, Pacman nebula is there and if you zoom in and look closely, there is the nebulosity around Gamma Cas.

Cheers...

Cass final.png

And with a bit more contrast and vibrance:-

Cass final heavy.jpg

30 minutes ago, D Wright said:

Beautiful image. It puts mine to shame. I just have to try longer exposures if you can do this unguided.

I only used a 70mm lens for this one though. I don't know what the focal length of that enormous scope is, but you would be able to get much less exposure before your stars suffer! :smiley:

2 hours ago, D Wright said:

I have a 70 - 300mm lens which I use on my EQ mount for wide field. This shot was 20 x 30seconds at 135mm at f5. So much more detail in yours. My camera is not modded yet.

Cass.jpg

At 70mm with good polar alignment you could match of better my four minute exposures with a tracking mount. Good focus is important as well and a LP or UHC filter could help. Keep trying... you will see your images improve bit by bit...

Archived