Heart and soul nebula - SA with 100mm

A good week for me. The third night were i was able to make some nice pics.

This time the heart and soul nebula was the target. Doing a widefield i could too catch h & chi persei on the pic.

Canon EOS 1000da - 50 lights per 180 sec. with ISO 1600 - 5 darks - Astronomik CLS-CCD filter (helped really a lot as could double the time for every exposure, normally with my sky 2 minutes at ISO 800)

Processing: Deep sky stacker - fitswork - photoshop

The only thing i have is that focussing is quite difficult. I don´t get the focus for 100% ... although i use LiveView :hmh: 

Herznebel 100mm ISO1600 70x150sec CLSCCD.jpg

Many thanks, D4N

No, i haven´t got a bahtinov mask. But i think about buying one for my two lenses that i mainly use for astrophotography. I only hope that my LiveView display is bright enough to show the spikes. And i´ll buy me a microfocuser that helps to set the focus very very smart and helds it when done. 

Hopefully i then get a 100% focus :hello2:

I use liveview for focusing but use the disappearing star method, use liveview at x10 and focus on the very faintest star you can see in the fov if you also adjust the ISO so that it is only just visible then the focus action will be on or off. 

Alan

Archived