Celestron 8inch SCT VX eyepiece recommendations

martinh40

Still not fully decided if this is the scope for me or not. There are lots of pros and cons. The biggest pro is size (wife friendly)

If I got this scope I'd be partnering it with a 6.3 focal reducer. 

At the moment Celestron have a free eyepiece offer for two free until 15th September.

So what would you choose?

In the future I'm wanting to dabble in astrophotography and the Ultima Duo seem a good idea for AP and visual as they have a wide field of view. What are your opinions on these, or alternatives and size?

59 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

A couple of the Ultima duo would not go amiss, you would need to work out best focal length to suit your needs, does the scope some with an eyepiece

Yes, a 20mm one.

• 2 weeks later...

i asked around before i made my purchase. to start with, i already had a baader zoom, and now with it i have baader aspheric 30mm and paragon clone 40mm.

sometimes i plop in 1.25 pieces i already have like es 24 mm 68 deg and synta gold 15mm 66 deg.

realistically 12mm is the highest useable magnification on 95 percent of the nights.

Archived