NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMIOD not adding alignment points after SYNC

kirkster501

Hi been having a frustrating night, I am abandoning with IT now and using my dob instead!

Trying to do alignment in EQMod after i had to move my clutches (hence new sky model needed).  I slew, center and then SYNC and it does not get added to the list of alignment points.  It says "centered on Star X" (append on sync mode)?  I click yes, and it does not get added..... ??????  Number of alignment points does not go to 1 from 0. Now, upon first slew to the object if I click SYNC then then it will get added (but wrong of course because I need to center it).  It is almost as if there is a limit beyond which if you center the star it is not accepted into EQMOD alignment points.  But where is that limit set?  It is not the 15 degree slider bar in the alignment section because I tried that at all positions and makes no difference.

if I use "dialogue based" I slew, center but when I click "accept" it says "mount is still slewing"....?????:happy2:

Bizzarre...1  Any thoughts please guys?

Thanks.

You are correct, there is a limit. If I remember correctly, it is 45 degrees. As far as I know, the only way to get rid of this is to power the mount off, move it to the home position (pointing to celestial north pole with the counterweights below the mount) and turn the mount back on. See e.g. here: http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=64029.msg524092#msg524092

Archived