Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Veil Nebula in Hydrogen Alpha

Ikonnikov

Still plugging away with the E130D and Moravian, this is my first new image for ages due to a combination of bad weather and ongoing tweaking of scope, camera and mount. I'd say I'm nearly there now with the capture using this setup although the star shapes and FWHM were slightly degraded here due to some sag in the focuser drawtube caused by the somewhat hefty Moravian G3 (hopefully this is now fixed for future images). I finally have an OIII filter for the camera now so fingers crossed for a finished bicolour image soonish.

The image comprises 8x20min subs using a Chroma 3nm Ha filter + G3-16200 with Tak Epsilon E130D on an Avalon Linear mount . All processing was performed with PixInsight 1.8. Trying to frame this was not much fun, one day I'll learn to use plate-solving on SGPro...

integration_DBE1 porc 12_8_16harder starred.png

Thanks for Looking

Paul

Archived