Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Electronic Focuser Controls in Handset

Holliday

Hi all,

I recently got back into Astronomy and got myself a NexStar 127SLT, which also came with a 127 Electronic Focuser. This works wonderfully but as always i'm looking for ways to improve the set-up even with my limited DIY knowledge. 

I had the idea of taking the current momentary toggle switch on the focuser and splitting it into 2 separate buttons, using a dremel to mount these in an empty spot on the Celstron Hand-controller and then if possible wire them to utilize the handsets power supply rather than 3xAA batteries it currently uses. This way I can use the handset to both move the mount and focus the telescope.

As I say my DIY and electrical knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. But I just wondered if this was actually possible and if any one had any experience of doing something similar.

Cheers!

Archived